Depalaya Institutional Care Program is known as Deepalaya Children’s Home after the registration under Juvenile Justice Act 2000. This program started in the year 2000 with an emphasis on providing children at risk a safe and familial environment. The program started with 19 children and now it has grown to reach to a 101 children (61 boys and 40 girls as 31st December, 2012) The children are from varying background rescued off the streets and public places like railway stations, negative children of HIV positive parents, children of drug addicts and Commercial sex workers, children from broken homes and dysfunctional families and domestic violence cases referred by District Child Welfare Committee. The program functions from the village Gusbethi, Tauru Block, Mewat District, Haryana.
Deepalaya Children’s Home The program provides the children a family like nurturing and caring environment which restores their rights to receive adequate health care, opportunities for education and skill training and protections/ security enables them to head forward a secure and self-reliant future by adopting a child friendly approach in the best interest of the children.
The strategy adopted by Deepalaya is to
• Isolate these children from their present situation.
• Provide them basic amenities so that their daily needs are taken care of.
• Provide an enabling environment offering them love and care with a view to restore their lost childhood and trust.
• Support them through counseling.
• Provide them with quality education and life skills to empower them.
• Provide adequate health care facilities.
• Encourage participation and partnership with corporate sector by promoting and facilitating employee volunteering initiatives.
Participation in festivals/ celebrations, sports, games and other extra co-curricular activities- The children are encouraged to participate in such events on a regular basis for their all round development and as part of learning to build and sustain healthy relationships.
For more details :-www.deepalaya.org